‘Tis the season to eat, drink and be merry… but there’s nothing to be merry about when you’ve put on weight, your clothes don’t fit, you have no energy, your joints are sore, your moods are all over the place….
Research studies show clear differences between the habits of people who gain weight over the Xmas period, compared with those who don’t.
In this 24 min video I give you my top 10 tips to make sure you stay on track and don’t gain weight this festive season.
If you’re too busy to watch that, here’s a brief overview:
- Be realistic – aim to maintain weight rather than lose weight.
- Don’t over commit – learn to say no as well as ask for help.
- Plan ahead – Xmas parties, holidays and other events.
- Regift or throw away crappy food.
- Drink more water – it’s not strenuous, it has no calories and it’s FREE!
- Walk more – you can do this anywhere.
- Don’t eat so much – sit down, slow down and fill up on salad and veg.
- Get rid of left overs – take to work, give to neighbours, feed your pets or portion and freeze asap.
- Plan “RECOVERY and “RESET” days (watch video for further explanation).
- Get an accountability buddy or team – like our SBF CREW