Embarking on a new lifestyle (because that is what this is going to be) can be very overwhelming and the last thing you want to add in to your life right now is more stress and overwhelm.
In this video I talk you through all the different options that you have available and then I suggest the easiest ones to get you started:
Watch this 18 min live recording where I explain exactly what you need to do:
Or if you’d prefer a brief overview, keep reading…
The good news is that you have a goal!
The next step is to be 100% SPECIFIC about what your goal is, otherwise how do you know when you’ve achieved it? … is it after you’ve lost 1kg or 20kg?
Once you’re clear on your specific goal, you need to start thinking about what assessment tools you’re going to use to track your progress:
- Girth measurements.
- Piece of fitted clothing.
I don’t recommend using scales as they’re very unreliable and not good for your mental health (unless you have a significant amount of weight to lose).
THE ONLY WAY TO LOSE WEIGHT IS TO HAVE LESS CALORIES COMING IN THAN THERE ARE GOING OUT
Once we accept that little (but very significant) piece of scientific fact, we can move on to HOW we’re going to get this weight off…
Below are all the things you could be doing to lose weight however, if you try to do all of them at once it would create STRESS and OVERWHELM, so I suggest just starting off with the easiest thing and nailing that before you move on to the others.
1: EAT LESS
- Implement an eating schedule (my recommendation).
- Smaller portion size of whatever you’re currently eating.
- Add protein to each of your meals.
- Increase your vegetable and salad intake.
2: MOVE MORE
- Incidental exercise (my recommendation).
- Workouts – increase intensity.
- Workouts – increase volume.
3: INCREASE METABOLISM
- Increase lean muscle mass by adding strength sessions.
- Drink adequate water (min 2 Lt per day).
- Adequate sleep (min 7hrs).
For a further explanation of all of these you’ll need to watch the video 🙂